Saturday 2 November 2013

Poppies ... ! x

Hello all,

The nights are drawing in now the clocks have wound back and thoughts have turned back to crochet and wonderful winter nights spent in front of the fire!

Two years ago I made myself a poppy ...


It was my own little dedication to my Granddads.

The comments I received were truly wonderful, and filled me with pride!

Then this year, I received a little request ... "Are you making any poppies?" ... and then another request, and a comment by a work colleague!

This all got me thinking ... why not spend a few hours of my time to make poppies!

I asked that those wanting a poppy contributed £5 to The Royal British Legion ... and off I started making poppies ...


Here is the poppy production line ... !

The first batch was completed and sent to grateful recipients ...


And now I am working on the second batch ...

22 poppies are made,
25 felt circles are cut out for the backing (Thank you Mr Moo!)
4 leaves are made ... 18 left to go!

And then the sewing together of the second batch begins!!

A total of 40 poppies will have been made and a total of £202.00 raised generating £42.50 of gift aid on top!!

I am amazed!!

I have loved every minute of making them and thank all the glorious people that have brought one!

If you still want to contribute ... although now I can not promise that you will receive a poppy in time for Remembrance Sunday, but I am sure that The Royal British Legion will be grateful of your donation!

http://www.justgiving.com/Melliemoocrochet

Thank you!!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poppy and beautiful thing to do - well done Mellie, Mr Moo, and all those lovely buyers/contributors! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done again, I love my poppy and I enjoy wearing it with pride, Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done what a brilliant fundraising venture. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! I wonder if next year you could sell the pattern, and we in turn could make them and sell them just like you did this year? Imagine the funds you will raise then! Well done, it is a wonderful fundraiser and the poppy is very pretty! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing you have done, I've been making poppies too, just posted about the one I made my sister but also we are making them at my local Craft Club as next year as it's100 years since the 1st world war. The plan is to make a poppy to represent each name on the local war memorial, to be displayed in the library and then later on the poppies will be sold to raise money for charity.
    Clare x
    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely Mel and such a beautiful thing to do
    love n hugs
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea, well done, such a great charity to help. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous poppies and a lovely thing to do.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for joining in the Christmas swap! You have been partnered with Katy's Clutter blog - more details and links etc on my blog. Happy swapping!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message its lovely to hear from you and I enjoy reading the comments you leave.

Thank you,

Mellie
xxx