Monday 25 November 2013

An Autumnal Walk ... ! x

Hello again ... !!

I have so much to share ... and I thought it would be so much nicer to split it all up into little 'bite size chunks'.

The one of the things I do love to do is a lovely early morning walk. So Sunday was a lovely autumnal day and although I wasn't up that early I did take myself on a little walk around the lanes by me!

It is wonderful to see the changing colours of the leaves and the berries ...


The wonderful Rose Hips ... beautiful blast of red among the changing colours.


These red berries aren't holly berries ... mmmm a little mystery ... !


The beautiful autumnal colours ... and a little green peaking through!

Last year I took a picture of this gate with one Poppy on it ... this year the numbers have increased! I wonder how many will be there next year ... ?


And of course, I had to take a picture of my favourite oak tree, the leaves are falling ... 


A glance back down the lane that I had walked ... an Oak bowing over the lane in contrast to the Holly hedgerow.


Continuing the oak theme a few changing oak leaves still on the branch ... 


Lost Property ... this blast of colour in an otherwise bare hedge made me smile ... 


And the wonderful tractor ... I love this so much, a picture you have seen a few times before but each time I pass it it makes me smile.


Honesty ... always the best policy ...


I love this cottage, and its wonderful seeing it so sympathetically restored ... this is an 'if only' cottage for me ...!


And I do really hope it doesn't lose some of its unique features in its restoration ... such as the water butt!



And the little door ... I wonder to where it leads ... 


Despite it being autumn there is a little new growth, promising the things to come as the wheel of the year turns.


And to home I returned refreshed and ready for a day of crafting ... a perfect way to start the day!

bye, bye for now.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing lovely pics, I really enjoyed your country walk.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely, inspirational walk, thank you for sharing! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics, there's nothing like a wandering walk filled with nature's goodness to inspire a creative mind. Love that cottage too...sigh...if only... It looks like it would make a perfect location for Mellie Moo HQ!
    Have a happy week,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along on your walk, Mellie! You captured so many beautiful and interesting views. Your pretty red mystery berries reminded I still have not made it out around our ponds recently to check and see if we have some red holly berries. I am hoping we get some snowflakes down near the base of snow clad Mt. Hood this weekend. "Your" cottage is charming...I like it, too :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message its lovely to hear from you and I enjoy reading the comments you leave.

Thank you,

Mellie
xxx