Sunday 4 November 2012

Tunisian Crochet ... ! x

I have been lent a set of Denise Interchangable hooks to try out ...
 


And so today I have spent a quiet day getting to grips with the art of Tunisian Crochet. I have been using thr instructions that come with the Denise Hooks along with those included with the International Crochet Diploma.
 
I think I have cracked it ... although I need to be aware of the use of hooks as it wasn't a flat sample I produced ...
 
 
Oops!


The reason I think is that I should have used a smaller hook to do the foundation chain and then the right size hook for the wool I was using. I was using aran wool with a 4.5mm hook which would have been perfect for double knitting so the stitches where a little tight.
 
I do love the stitches that tunisian crochet produces though, I was doing the simple stitch ...
 
 
The Denise Hooks are plastic, but they are lovely to use ... and I think there maybe a purchase soon!!!
 
Off to practice a little more!
 
bye bye
 
xxx
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message its lovely to hear from you and I enjoy reading the comments you leave.

Thank you,

Mellie
xxx