Sunday 7 October 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 7 ... Autumnal Walks and a little bit of morris!

This morning I went on a early morning walk ... well it was early for a Sunday! I love watching the world wake up, and the autumnal mornings we have where the sun is shining yet there is a wonderful fresh nip in the air.

The sun was rising beautifully creating a fabulous orange hue across the sky and the mist was rising over the river ...


The morning was highlighting the layers of this view wonderfully ... shame about the telephone wires though!

And here is the sun rising over the town ... if you look close enough you can see some of the landmarks ...


This is one of my favourite views of the town, it is taken from a path the winds down the hill in between two roads ... a little treasure of a path ...


And to the river I then wondered with the houses catching the sun and if you look close you can see the mist on the river.


isn't it beautiful ...


As I went back up the hill I took photos of a few things that caught my eye ...

The first being the name of an alleyway ...


A letter box ...


And a gateway .... leading to another world ... maybe!


A conker bursting out of its shell ...


And then down the lanes ...


A gate to one of my favourite houses in the town ...


And the lane winds on ...

I love this tractor ... one day I will draw it, but in the mean time I will continue to take lots of photos of it ...


Autumnal trees ...


And cobwebs covered in dew ...


On and on goes the lane ...


Hawthorn berries ... one of my favourite trees ...


And a great majestic oak ...


Acorns ... these used to be given as gifts between pagans to quietly acknolegde the different festivals ...


A view back over the river with the mist rising ...


A footpath to another adventure ... but not taken today!

 
 And then I was home ... and breakfast was eaten!!

And then began the Morris Day of Dance ...

It was a truly fabulous day and such a great atmosphere in the town too. I am now feeling the effect of all this exercise which can only be a good thing!!

I will tell you more tomorrow about the day of dance with photos too!

I am off to rest my weary feet!!

bye bye for now!!

xxx
 


4 comments:

  1. Still enjoying reading your daily blogs and love Day 7, photographs are fabulous. I too was out walking at 8 this morning...accompanied my friend Mari walking 4 dogs between us around Lower Broadheath...and it was such a beautiful morning, I even caught the sun on my face!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos, very atmospheric.

    I was up early too, very misty here. But I was in the kitchen, preparing a veggie stew for the slowcooker - we have just eaten it, well worth the effort of getting up early!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my slow cooked vegetable stew sounds absolutely delicious!!!

      xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message its lovely to hear from you and I enjoy reading the comments you leave.

Thank you,

Mellie
xxx